Qualifications and Experience
Wallace Hobson is a real estate advisor and economist with more than 40 years of consulting experience. Over the last decade Wally has focused his practice in the resort industry, domestically and internationally. He is leading international expert on fractional real estate.
Prior to becoming involved in resort real estate, he specialized in all forms of urban real estate market analysis and strategic planning. He has worked extensively with both the private and public sectors and usually functions as part of a development team with land planners, architects, engineers and others to create strategic market driven solutions to satisfy a clients goals and objectives. His forte is deriving creative strategic solutions designed to capitalize on market opportunities and maximize economic returns to developers/investors.
- In 1976, he co-founded Leland and Hobson, a precursor to the Leland Consulting Group.
- From 1989 to 1992, he was a partner with RCLCo, a national real estate advisory firm, and managed offices in Portland and Seattle.
- More recently, from 2006 through 2009, Wally served as Managing Director of the Americas for NorthCourse Leisure Real Estate Solutions, a Group RCI and Wyndham Worldwide company, and was responsible for overseeing all advisory services in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean.
- Since 2009 Mr. Hobson has managed Hobson Advisors and has continued real estate consulting in the resort industry, particularly in Latin America, as well as completing urban real estate projects in the Pacific Northwest.
Area of Specialization
- Resort, Hospitality & Recreation Development
- Urban residential and commercial real estate
- Mixed use development
- Strategic Market &Business Planning
- Product Programming
- Financial Analysis
- Competitive Positioning and Product Differentiation
- Project Facilitation
- Site and Highest & Best Use Analyses
- Litigation Support
- “Fractional Industry Overview,” 2002, 2005, 2007-2009
- “Private Residence Clubs,” Estates West
- “Private Residence Clubs: A New Concept for Second Home Ownership,” Journal of Leisure Property
- “Luxury Fractionals are a Cutting Edge Opportunity,” ARDA Developments
- “Research Report on Private Residence Clubs,” International Journal of Hospitality Management
- “Mixed Use Development in Mexico,” Notitur Magazine, Amdetuer
- Master of Business Administration, PSU
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts, University of Oregon
- International recreation and resort development expert
- Development programming for planned communities
- Urban and resort mixed use development
- Economic and market input to the master planning process
- Market driven strategies and solutions
- Pro forma financial analysis